Bangladesh Airlines Training Centre (BATC) is the official training centre of Biman Bangladesh Airlines Ltd. It is the only aviation training facility within Bangladesh, approved under part 147 by CAAB to support Biman Bangladesh and all other local and international Airlines. Its Aerospace and Avionics Engineering faculties achieved EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) part 147 approvals on 28th February, 2012 for basic B1 and B2 categories of Aircraft maintenance engineering. EASA part 147 approval of BATC is first of its kind among the neighboring countries.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICE PATTERN IN GENERAL:
The trained and skilled manpower having license on different types of aircraft of engineering department is the outcome of BATC training. All cabin crews and depend on BATC for all kinds of basic and recurrent courses. All ground training of all cockpit crew is done at BATC. All other operational training for ground service personnel, Cargo personnel and security personnel are done at BATC. Number of courses is offered for management and business development as well. BATC provides a number of course for outsiders on commercial basis. 3 years’ aircraft maintenance engineering is one of those courses. Also courses are offered for travel agency personnel, freight forwarder, Agency personnel and other national and international airliner personnel. Courses are also offered for the defense personnel going to UN mission. BATC prepares a training calendar for a particular year starting from January well in advance after proper TNA and collaboration of the user department.
www.batc.ac.bd is the official website of BATC which plays a vital role regarding scheduling training and all sorts of other training activities.
APPROVAL WE HOLD:
Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh – CAAB Approval
BATC holds different kind of CAAB approval since the inception of BATC. It achieved CAAB ANO (AW) part 147 approval since 26th April 2015. Following areas are presently approved by CAAB:
01. Courses of aerospace and avionics engineering faculties are approved by CAAB as “CAAB ANO (AW) part 147 approved maintenance training organization”
02. Ground courses of cockpit crew conducted by operations technical faculty of BATC are approved by CAAB.
03. Courses conducted by customer services faculty are approved by CAAB.
04. DGR (Dangerous Goods regulations) CAT – 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 courses conducted by marketing & sales faculty are approved by CAAB.
European Aviation Safety Agency-EASA Approval
BATC is the one and only training centre among the neighboring countries (India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, Srilanka and Afganistan) that achieved EASA part 147 approval. EASA part 147 approval covers following areas:
01. EASA B1.1 and B2 basic course offered by aerospace and avionics engineering faculties are approved by EASA under “EASA part 147 approved maintenance training Organization”
02. Aerospace and avionics engineering faculties are approved by EASA for conducting EASA EASA 66 modular examination for licensing.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PRIORITIES AND FUTURE PLAN:
After completion of above requirements BATC may be developed as an independent TRTO (Type Rated Training Organization) approved by CAAB.
1. Developing all human resources for more commercialization, business viability and help to develop sustainable growth of Biman.
2. Establishing “Biman University of Aviation & Engineering” which was once approved by Biman Board. By materializing that decision in the form of University or institute affiliated under Dhaka University, BATC can be turned into a center of excellence through its insolvent in the academic arena.
For more details:
Bangladesh Airlines Training Center (BATC)
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport,
Kurmitola, Dhaka, Bangladesh
সিনিয়র সচিব (অবসরপ্রাপ্ত)
মোঃ যাহিদ হোসেন